Honors and Awards
- Washington Law & Politics' Super Lawyers® (2004-2007, 2010-present)
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Frequently lectures to bankers, lawyers, accountants, real estate brokers and other professionals about banking, work-out, collection and insolvency related issues.
- Past presentations for the Washington State Bar Association, King County Bar Association, National Bankers Association, Washington State Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Washington Auto Dealers Association.
- Articles Editor, Transportation Law Journal
- Author, “Legal and Institutional Implications of Providing Financial Incentives for the Development of Solar Technologies,” U.S. Government Publication
Professional and Community Activities
- Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Committee, Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- Past Chair, Creditor-Debtor Section of Washington State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Bankruptcy Section of the King County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Magnolia Juvenile Conference Committee
- Coach, youth baseball, soccer and basketball
Rick (born Spokane, Washington) joined Ryan, Swanson & Cleveland in 1984 following a two-year clerkship with the Honorable Sidney C. Volinn, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Western District of Washington.