Before joining Ryan Swanson, Phil practiced tax law for several years at a Connecticut law firm. His understanding of the tax laws is valuable when working on business and real estate transactions, which inevitably raise tax issues.
Honors and Awards
- Dr. Samuel Belkin Scholars Award
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington State Chair and National Council, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) (2010)
- Board of Directors, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle (2010)
- Member, Cascade Bicycle Club (1987-present)
- Member, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (1996-present)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Frye Art Museum (1996-2008)
Outside of the firm, when not involved with family activities, Phil is an avid cyclist. Logging thousands of miles a year on his bicycle, Phil finds that riding hard with friends provides a welcome physical challenge, camaraderie and the perfect way to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the Northwest.