Our immigration lawyers have more than 65 years of experience advising businesses and individuals on immigration matters. Each have received Avvo's highest rating and are named in The Best Lawyers in America. Our immigration group was ranked #1 in Washington State in 2013 by Chambers USA, a highly regarded directory that ranks lawyers and practice groups by industry.
The Immigration Group is proud to share the expressions of gratitude we receive
from our clients. The following reflect samples of such testimonials:
- "I’m really grateful for the outstanding service I got from [the] immigration team at Ryan Swanson. They did a wonderful job in my permanent residency case; they are extremely knowledgeable and were always ready to answer any question I had during the process. Thank you all for helping to make the dream come true!" -- Cristina Cunha
- "You saved my life. I will never forget standing in the airport and being told by the immigration officials at 4:00 pm on a Friday night that there was a problem with my mother's paperwork and they were returning her to Romania instead of letting her go through immigration and come home with me. The odds were completely against us when we placed an emergency call to you to help us but somehow you did. Now not only is my mother here but we have been able to obtain her greencard! Your help was invaluable, you did a great job! Thank you for all the work you did to bring our family together." -- Luiza and Dora
- "Just a note to say thank you for everything you have done since day one that I came to your office. You and your staff are very professional, attentive, thorough, and caring."
-- Tony Fattahi
- "There is something reassuring about dealing with the best of legal talent. But when it comes to immigration matters, where huge sums are involved, or when family structures are involved, there can be no substitute for excellence. Joel Paget has represented me, my family and a number of businesses in immigration matters for 20+ years. He has proven himself every single time. My reliance on Joel, in his talents, clarity of thought and focus on a positive, AND TIMELY response is complete. Things are simply too important to deal with any attorney other than the best…"
-- David Harding
- "It has been a real pleasure to work with [Ryan Swanson]. I thought [Janet Cheetham] did a great job."
-- Tom Garr, Managing Director of Mastholm Asset Management, LLC
- "We are so thrilled to have this perfect outcome. Thank you so much for all of your help with the process. It is quite involved and we could not have done it without you."
- "I am just so grateful to be working with such an efficient legal team at RSC."
- "Thanks for reacting so quickly to this situation - much appreciated."
- "I can't tell you how appreciative we are of you stepping into this mess and
seeing it through to the end - we love to work with you, not only because you're
fun, but are so skilled in these matters.
Truly, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!!!!"
- "I would also like to take this opportunity to convey my appreciation for the
professional, fast and efficient manner with which my case was dealt by both
yourself and your staff, without which I would
not have been able to achieve this position."
- "Well, now I believe that you are a miracle maker. Our employee was issued his visa
today. Thank you for a job well
- "I wanted to thank you for your support through our visa application process. We really appreciated the
professionalism of your office. It
gave us confidence while so much of our life was uncertain."
- "I really appreciate the effort of the firm in handling my green card
application in a pretty difficult application that had been unsuccessful by
- "I sincerely thank you for all the help you provided me during my stay with
regard to the immigration matters. My emails/calls were answered very promptly
and never would have to wait for a response or for an advice and I am very much
thankful to you both for that. I should admit you have a lot of patience in
answering our countless questions and I really appreciate that."
- "The whole process proceeded quickly and efficiently. You now have a reputation
as a 'Miracle-Worker' in Taiwan!"
We represent many companies with immigration matters, including:
- Allpak Container, Inc.
- Alpha Technologies
- American Seafoods Co., LLC
- Boise Cascade, LLC
- Boise Paper Holdings, LLC
- Bsquare Corporation
- Canadian Fishing Co., Ltd.
- Chinasoft International
- ESC Automation, Inc.
- Kyokuyo America Corporation
- Layfield Plastics Incorporated
- Marel Food Systems, Inc.
- Nichimo International, Inc.
- Northwest Hydraulic Consultants, Inc.
- Pacific Blasting & Demolition, Ltd.
- Sage Bionetworks
- Shannon & Wilson, Inc.
- Teal-Jones Group
- Tideworks Technology, Inc.
- Tokai Denpun USA, Inc.
- TransGroup Worldwide Logistics
- Wicresoft North America
Organization Memberships and Special Recognitions
Members of the immigration group are actively involved in numerous organizations
serving the international and business communities:
- AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association)
- Canada-America Society
- South Asian Bar Association
- Vietnamese-American Bar Assocation
- Washington Women Lawyers
Immigration Law Firm of the Year in Washington
(Corporate International Legal Magazine, 2013)
Seattle's Best Lawyers
(Best Lawyers, 2013)
Best Lawyers in America
(Best Lawyers, 2013)
International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers
(Who's Who Legal, 2013)
Janet H. Cheetham, Joel H. Paget and Marsha T. Mavunkel are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.